We are sorry for the financial hardships COVID-19 has placed on our students. If you are in need of financial assistance to help alleviate some of the burden you are currently facing, please apply for the COVID-19 Student Success Award. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and we will notify applicants of their status via e-mail. You must be a current student to receive an award.
If you have specific questions about this award, or your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial assistance is available to students through several venues:
- College of Information
- Department of Library and Information Sciences
- Department of Learning Technologies
- Toulouse Graduate School
- UNT Financial Aid and Scholarships office
- External Scholarships
- Student Money Management Center
- College Work Study Flyer in PDF
- The OUTfits Clothing closet provides gender affirming clothing for free. Any student can use the clothing closet. All clothing and funds supporting OUTfits are donated.
- The Dean of Students office under the Division of Student Affairs has created the “Mean Green Gowns for Grads” program to support our low-income and first-generation University of North Texas students with a free rental of graduation caps and gowns.
- The UNT Food Pantry presented by Kroger is one of the best ways to serve our students experiencing food insecurity.
- COI Academic Advising Office features a Food Pantry for all College of Information enrolled students.
- Denton Community Food Resources
The UNT Dean of Students provides a list of Housing Resources for UNT students and families in our community who are in crisis and need safe shelter.