The mission of the COI Diversity and Inclusion Council is to:
- Foster diversity, inclusion, and equity across the College of Information community.
- Identify, evaluate, and promote areas where diversity, inclusion, and equity can be improved within the College of Information and provide recommendations to the Dean, its faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicate and collaborate with other Diversity and Inclusion councils within the University.
The College of Information Diversity and Inclusion Council volunteers to represent student, staff and faculty needs. The council provides feedback and propose action items to the Dean. The council supports the Diversity and Inclusion goals set by the University.
The council includes the following members:
- Amani Daggupati (Student)
- Yunfei Du (Associate Dean)
- Sandi Edgar (Staff)
- Rachel Hall (Co-chair, Staff)
- Rachel Lee (Student)
- Macy McLennan (ex-officio)
- Teresa McKinney (Representative from UNT’s Division of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access)
- Tiffany Reynolds (Staff)
- Daniella Smith (Chair, Faculty)
- Mike Spector (Faculty)
You may contact the council by using the following email address: CI-Diversity_InclusionCouncil@ad.unt.edu.
General Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Resources
- Harvard University- Project Implicit (Implicit Bias Assessment)
- Making Black Lives Matter: Confronting Anti-Black Racism edited by Kevin Cokley
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Diversity and Inclusion Self Assessment
- University of North Texas Division of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access
- Wendy Knight Agard- From the Inside Out: Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Plagiarism Support Resources
The first council event was held on January 21, 2022. Dr. Veronica Baldwin presented "Microaggressions: Seeing Reality Through a Different Lens". Slides from the presentation may be viewed here: https://tinyurl.com/COI-microagressions.